As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is at the top of everyone’s mind, the Purrfect Day Cafe team’s main priority is the health and well-being of our staff, volunteers, guests, and kitties.
While we do not have immediate plans to close our doors or cancel upcoming events, we want to share some precautions we have implemented. Like other service professionals, and while quality standards are already important to us at the PDC, we are rolling out a few practices in our café to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees. We know these may be a bit of an inconvenience, but we thank you for your patience as we look after you, those who may be immunocompromised, and our staff alike.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms or have been exposed to the Coronavirus, please do not come to the cafe until you receive an ‘all-clear’ from a medical professional. Our kitties will be here to snuggle you when you feel better.
We are happy to reschedule any pre-booked cat lounge sessions. Email Rosemary@purrfectdaycafe.com and she will assist you!
SO YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING:
Hygiene standards at the PDC have always been, and will continue to be a high priority. In light of recent events, we have introduced additional cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing practices—for our employees, cafe areas, and cat lounge.
- Per our normal policy, if any staff member or volunteer is sick, they are to stay home without exception.
- Team members are washing their hands more frequently and using gloves when disposing of empty cups and trash.
- We are cleaning our touch-screen items more frequently than ever.
- Common surfaces such as soap dispensers, glass partitions, door handles, tables, counter tops, chairs, and restroom fixtures are being disinfected more frequently.
- We are suspending our self-serve hot cocoa toppings bar to prevent cross-transfer of germs. We will still be serving hot cocoa and buttered beer from the bar area.
- We will be suspending the PDC tumbler refills, so please leave those at home. No outside cups or glasses allowed, please.
- We will have our front outside seating and side catio spaces open for those of you who need some fresh air and outdoor time–it’s good for you! And remember that our side catio is dog-friendly. Bring the pups!
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Please be patient with the staff as we may temporarily operate with lower numbers of kitties in the cat lounge. We are trying to alleviate any extra stress for our partners at the Kentucky Humane Society).
- If you can, please pay with a card rather than cash to avoid physical transfer from customer to staff members.
- Wash your hands. Use sanitizer or good old-fashioned soap and water. We are constantly monitoring our restrooms for cleanliness.
- The cafe uses only perishable/recyclable items which avoids passing on illnesses. We ask that you please dispose of any cups, plates, etc. you have handled to avoid cross-transfer issues.
- Cover your mouth and use the old elbow technique if you sneeze or cough.
- Use social distancing. We have decreased our number of people in the main cat lounge to 10 people to aid in this practice.
- If you’re experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuff nose, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue–save petting cats for another day. In other words…STAY HOME! We guarantee that we’ll always have adoptable cats to cuddle with–meow!
- If you need to stay at home and have a pet, spend time with them! Research shows that cuddling with your furry family member relieves stress and helps you stay healthy!
We are fully committed to keeping ourselves, our guests, and our community healthy and happy. We feel it’s important to continue to provide our supporters with a space for people to escape the current stress of the world! As such, our regular business hours will remain as planned, and we will not be cancelling any of our upcoming events, with the exception of our March yoga classes.
Stay safe and have a purrfect day,
The PDC Team
Helpful links for you:
Coronavirus Hotline – 1-800-722-5725
Kentucky Coronavirus Website: www.kycovid19.ky.gov
CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Pets and Covid 19: www.oregonvma.org/care-health/zoonotic-diseases/coronavirus-faq
If you have any symptoms of illness, PLEASE STAY HOME. Kitties will be here to cuddle when you feel better!